For once in your life, were you ever caught in between "what should be" and "what is?" There are many instances where you are required to take a pick. It takes a lot of courage and will to follow the path you choose to thread. There's a thin line dividing them and let me start by defining each in my own terms. "What should be" denotes duty. A sense of obligation you have to fulfill. Accountability matters most and it is something you cannot very well turn your back to that easily. "What is" signifies the blatant and stark truth. It is the root of a word. Plain and simple until it becomes painstakingly finicky when thoughts of "what should be" is injected.
Consequences await as you ponder about your choice. Reason battles with sentiment. You are bounded at the hands and feet by "what should be" yet your heart remains with "what is." Reason edges an inch until it goes beyond a mile. Sentiment is left behind sputtering in the dust. Too tired to continue trying to disengage itself from the lashing ropes of liability, the heart admits defeat.
I made my judgment with the awareness that at some point in my journey threading the path I've chosen, I may either be regretful or victorious. I may be tempted to turn around and go back to where I started but I know I would never permit myself to do so. May it be out of shame or pride,, I don't know.
Call me foolish but I don't give a damn. Duty calls.
3:54 AM