Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

It's been a day after Valentine's yet you could still see huge bouquets of monstrosities being carried around in campus. Couples giving each other meaningful glances loomed the corridors of AB. I dunno if it's the awareness that I am indeed alone or maybe I just plainly abhor the idea of a heart's day that brought about this cynism. It's quite funny because at this point in time, I am really not alone. Just prancing around waiting for the tide to subside so I could think clearly if what I have is worth all the time and emotion I am willing to invest. Still, the idea of a man-made day for the purpose to show off love either by frustration or by obligation is way too commercialized. I felt myself gagging and was on the verge of throwing up while different hues of flowers and balloons gets thrown around by everyone but luckily, I had self control. Besides, I'd come off as a bitter,old hag whose face is all scrunched up because no one in his right mind would give her those and I would definitely not want that because it would be a HUGE misconception.

Aside from the shocking increase in number of those who went with the flow of the Valentine season and had lots of cash to burn for flowers whose petals would wilt in a matter of days, Feb. 14 of 2006 is one day I'd never forget. Though I got my wish to not carry around a bouquet but got humiliated in return, I still had the sweeeeeetest thing. I smiled all the way home. =)


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com