Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, December 10, 2006

I went on a three-day communion with the Lord at the Clarisas Capuchinas Monastery in Lipa, Batangas. It was a mixture of confusion and self-denial; I was stricken with guilt. One minute I find myself peaceful then at another, asking myself what the hell I was doing there on the orders of my catechists. My demons never failed to surprise me with the hindrances they provide to almost keep me from going up to the point of entering the grace of God. I was always sleepy. Combatting slothfulness was never my battle because I always end up losing. Distraction was easy as I was new to the environment and I couldn't help but be nosy through the ways of cloistered nuns. Food was the biggest temptation of all as I was to be in absolute fasting for two days.

I met my two angels during my stay in Lipa; Sister Dora and Sister Imelda. Both were from the Franciscan order of the Capuchin Tertiary Sisters. I hope I meet them again. Both are very dear to my heart especially the talkative Columbian, Sister Dora. You both will always be in my prayers.

I remember the time as I was awaiting the arrival of my dad who will fetch me from the monastery; I was inside the chapel fervently praying for God to give me strength. My demons are waiting for me at the exit, ready to pounce on a weak prey. With God's love and mercy, I shall cast them out.


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com