A month had passed and I broke my promise to blog atleast once every month. I missed a month. BIG DEAL. But really, I consider blogging a relief from all those formatted writing I have to do and also as a means of practice. A lot has happened and one thing I continuously realize is that I AM GROWING OLD A TAD TOO FAST.
I dunno why I'm like this. It's a bit unusual for a youngest daughter not to act like some sheltered baby. Sure I still whine and demand for a lot of things every now and then but my unsatiable thirst for independence is unnerving. I was never the clingy type with regard to my parents because I guess our house has the usual formal set-up. We were all never big on too much affection and conversation. We all had barriers we were never willing to give up to let each other in.
I love being tagged as the level-headed, sophisticated and matured girl. I hate being treated like a baby. I hate the thought of doubt people give to youngsters because they think we can't handle ourselves. Big deal. We fall but we don't lie there all day. I hate the thought of people thinking me a bimbo or some kind of a dutz because I was sheltered all my 20-some years. The indignation to be labeled stupid because of innocence ticks me off.
The problem right now is, I feel I'm not enjoying the journey because I'm too intent on proving myself; to my family, my friends, at work and to the world. The responsibility that comes with adulthood is sucking me dry and weary and making me crave for the care-free kid's life I was too quick to shed off before.
I am constantly pressured to think, speak and act the facade I created for myself. Sometimes I just wanna do something wrong for a change. Not that everything I do is right... Oh well I know you guys get the picture.
8:34 AM